Lesson Plans > Reading>
Interview Book Characters:
Objective: Students will use reading comprehension and character
study to understand a book character.
Resources: Teacher: none.Students: paper and pencil.
Teacher Preparation: This activity would take place after reading
a book together in class.
- Write the names of the main characters on the chalkboard.
- Talk about how character traits tell how a character looks, acts and
- Have students work in pairs. One will portray the part of the character
they have chosen and the other student will play a reporter conducting
- Instruct each pair to develop questions for the interview. They need
to focus on character traits.
- Give students time to practice the interview.
- Using the prepared questions, each reporter will interview the character
for the whole class or in groups of 6 to 8 students.
Variations/Options: Each student can be a character, then answer
questions directed from the class.